- 2015-08-21: 50% less server load with MongoDB on the Drupal 7 site factory at France Télévisions
- 2015-07-15: Our first Drupal 8 production site at France Télévisions is live
- 2014-08-18: 400% speedup in 3 weeks for http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ : who said Drupal back-offices had to be slow ?
- 2014-02-07: Sotchi Olympics traffic not a problem for http://www.francetvsport.fr/ , which I rearchitected on Drupal 7 in 2013
- 2011-09-14: Completed migration of FranceInfo.FR from SPIP to Drupal
- 2011-07-13: The new social network features of Le Figaro are now powered by an OSInet-designed MongoDB implementation
- 2010-12-21: Madame Figaro brand new site by OSInet and others
- 2010-08-16: France.FR is back online with OSInet and Typhon
- 2010-06-15: the new France Culture, which OSInet helped reach its performance goals, is now online
Day in, day out
After drowning my faithful old keyboard with my morning coffee, I had to replace it and, after taking some time to find a corded keyboard without a zillion useless keys, without shiny platic, with cursor keys in their standard location, and a reasonable touch feeling, I bought an OEM version of the Logitech Internet Keyboard 350 USB and am indeed quite satisfied with the keyboard look and touch.
Now, minimal though that keyboard is, it still has these small multimedia keys on top, and under XP they're handled by default. Most choices were just fine, but the media player defaulting to RealPlayer didn't fit my wishes: I'd rather run VLC in these cases to show FreeTV. But the keyboard isn't supplied with a driver, and installing Logitech's setpoint™ actually removes functionality to these keys when compared with the XP default driver. So exit SetPoint and back to the default driver.
Browsing the referers leading to my blog, I just noticed one of my recent posts about PHP-GTK2 Console encoding had been noticed by PHPDeveloper, where the reviewers apparently take time to actually read feed to which they point to, instead of merely aggregating them, which allows them to sum up content for their own readers. Now that's what one can call a press review.
A few days ago, I was glad to learn that this blog had been included in the Planet PHP blogroll. And today, when checking the news, what did I see ?
Since the designer is still on holiday, I created a fake logo for the upcoming OSInet 5.0 site, due this winter, and tried to give it a Web 2.0 look.
Did it work ? Any suggestions to increase the connotations ?
UPDATE 2006-08-28: for Audean.
Find the shiny new release candidate on http://drupal.org/drupal-4.7.0-rc1
Why am I mentioning it here ? Well, much like many others, I contributed bug reports, some patches, and it's great to see the project actually nearing its 4.7 landmark.
Maybe it will even allow the new version of Riff News to go online in time.
My first patch for Drupal core went into HEAD today.
Once upon a time in the 80s, a noncommercial radio was born and burnt down to ashes. Guess what ?