- 2014-03-27: MongoDB Watchdog module ported to Drupal 8 at the Szeged Dev Days.
- 2014-01-26: My post on the Symfony web profiler in Silex selected in Week of Symfony. w00t !
- 2013-09-20 to 29: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at the extended code sprints during and around DrupalCon Prague
- 2012-08-19: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at Drupalcon Munich
- 2012-06-15: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at DrupalDevDays Barcelona
- 2012-03-23: Working on the future Drupal Document Oriented Storage at DrupalCon Denver. D8 or later ?
Bets are onLater
Drupal spam: have we stooped so low ?
Coming back from yesterday's first Drupal 8 core code sprint in Paris with lifted spirits from the event, I has a rather disturbing surprise awaiting me on this Drupal (and music) blog: there, on the comment approval queue, stood a single comment on an old blog post for Planet Drupal, authored by someone supposedly called "Johnson" and supposedly writing from "firstname.lastname@example.org":
In recent years, Drupal has evolved into an increasingly powerful content management system. From single-user blogs, enterprise intranets, virtual stores to online magazines, Drupal now powers 7.2 millions websites across the globe, including websites for the White House, Whitehall, NASA, Greenpeace and the UK Government. <a href="http://drupal.org" rel="follow">Drupal development</a>
As you can guess, the actual URL has been changed in this quotation, just in case, but I am appalled: the company for which this spam is being sent claims to be a Drupal.org Organization member and Acquia partner, no less. They claim establishments in "North America, UK & India", if one is to believe the website thus promoted. The drupal.org account for that company is indeed bearing an "organisation member", and Acquia confirms them to be an actual partner. A StopForumSpam check on their IP shows interesting results. Do we want to let such practice be left undeterred ?
2012-05-05 UPDATE: Some /other/ indian Drupal development company tried to spam /that/ thread. Wonder whether I should be more amused or wrathful.