- 2015-08-21: 50% less server load with MongoDB on the Drupal 7 site factory at France Télévisions
- 2015-07-15: Our first Drupal 8 production site at France Télévisions is live
- 2014-08-18: 400% speedup in 3 weeks for http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ : who said Drupal back-offices had to be slow ?
- 2014-02-07: Sotchi Olympics traffic not a problem for http://www.francetvsport.fr/ , which I rearchitected on Drupal 7 in 2013
- 2011-09-14: Completed migration of FranceInfo.FR from SPIP to Drupal
- 2011-07-13: The new social network features of Le Figaro are now powered by an OSInet-designed MongoDB implementation
- 2010-12-21: Madame Figaro brand new site by OSInet and others
- 2010-08-16: France.FR is back online with OSInet and Typhon
- 2010-06-15: the new France Culture, which OSInet helped reach its performance goals, is now online
MongoDB 8.x-2.0-alpha1 released
On behalf of all contributors to the MongoDB module suite for Drupal over the years, I am pleased to announce the 8.x-2.0-alpha1 release of the MongoDB package for Drupal 8, six years after we started this project on Drupal 6.
This release is the first step to an initial stable release of the MongoDB package for Drupal 8, containing:
mongodba module exposing the new PHP library as Symfony services exposed to a Drupal 8.x instance. It is designed as a minimal and consistent connection layer on top of the PHP library for MongoDB, for all modules targeting MongoDB on Drupal 8.x, be they contributed or bespoke.
mongodb_watchdoga PSR-3 logger storing event data in MongoDB. On top of the features already present in 6.x and 7.x versions, it introduces a per-request report showing all events logged during a request, in order.
The 8.x-2.x series is a reboot of this package: initial work on the Drupal 8 version of the package, in branch 8.x-1.x, is a moonshot project aiming at providing a fully No SQL version of Drupal. Although it made good progress for the first years of Drupal core 8.x development, thanks especially to MongoDB Inc. sponsorship, it has shown little progress since 2015, and is not compatible with any stable version of Drupal 8 core.
To leave a chance for that ambitious branch to resume development, 8.x-2.x has been started as a lower-risk version focused on:
- Not only SQL: supporting MongoDB on top of a standard Drupal distribution, rather than providing a full SQL-less CMS
- Use of newer code like MongoDB 3.x series, the new
mongodbPHP extension, and PHP 7.x, rather than continued support for older MongoDB versions, the legacy
mongoextension, and PHP 5.5/5.6
- Providing an actual usable release in the wake of Drupal Dev Days Milan 2016, rather than an ongoing dev branch with little visibility
- Providing new services as ongoing incremental releases rather than wait for the whole set to be available
The MongoDB package for Drupal 8 is the work of multiple contributors: Karoly Negyesi (chx), Frédéric G. MARAND (fgm), Janez Urevc (slashrsm), Zsolt Tasnádi (skipyT), Marc Ingram (marcingy), Rok Žlender (Rok Žlender), Jakob Perry (japerry), Philippe Guillard (pguillard), ...and the many contributors to earlier versions, without whom this would not exist today.