- 2014-03-27: MongoDB Watchdog module ported to Drupal 8 at the Szeged Dev Days.
- 2014-01-26: My post on the Symfony web profiler in Silex selected in Week of Symfony. w00t !
- 2013-09-20 to 29: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at the extended code sprints during and around DrupalCon Prague
- 2012-08-19: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at Drupalcon Munich
- 2012-06-15: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at DrupalDevDays Barcelona
- 2012-03-23: Working on the future Drupal Document Oriented Storage at DrupalCon Denver. D8 or later ?
Bets are onLater
As many other developers of e-commerce sites using Drupal, I've had to solve the problem of integrating the "front-office" store maintained in the ecommerce module with the back-office data like the actual invoicing matching legal requirements, tax documents, product ordering from suppliers, and so on, and I've had to choose a toolkit for this.
Until recently I had been using Delphi with XML-RPC to upload content and remotely monitor my sites, but I was looking for a cross-platform solution, and one that would preferably have sources available. Using Kylix for other projects and it *does* work, even with SOAP and remote data stores, but the level of support and lack of upgrades from Borland regarding it left me rather skeptical about using it for new projects. And this was not even taking into account the fact the XML-RPC for Delphi and Kylix is a poorly supported Open Source project. So what ?