- 2015-08-21: 50% less server load with MongoDB on the Drupal 7 site factory at France Télévisions
- 2015-07-15: Our first Drupal 8 production site at France Télévisions is live
- 2014-08-18: 400% speedup in 3 weeks for http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ : who said Drupal back-offices had to be slow ?
- 2014-02-07: Sotchi Olympics traffic not a problem for http://www.francetvsport.fr/ , which I rearchitected on Drupal 7 in 2013
- 2011-09-14: Completed migration of FranceInfo.FR from SPIP to Drupal
- 2011-07-13: The new social network features of Le Figaro are now powered by an OSInet-designed MongoDB implementation
- 2010-12-21: Madame Figaro brand new site by OSInet and others
- 2010-08-16: France.FR is back online with OSInet and Typhon
- 2010-06-15: the new France Culture, which OSInet helped reach its performance goals, is now online
The problem: packages.drupal.org broken
I was starting my weekly work for the Drupal GraphQL module by the customary
composer update --prefer-source -vvv command, ready to watch composer spit out some hundred lines sipping my coffee, but this time something turned out to be wrong:
The "https://packages.drupal.org/8/drupal/provider-2016-4%24a30289dd8394e5271bd77777bb14b361c5938656f1cddad7fae1c00d5d6ba9c6.json" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)
OK, so packages.drupal.org is down for now. How can we work around this ?
Among the interesting features of Phing is its extensibility, and of the hallmarks of that exensibility is the ability to define new
Task types as PHP classes, which are by default located in the default namespace only. Can we do better ?
Step 0: "Ad-hoc" (inline) tasks
At the simplest,
Task classes are created by embedding ad-hoc tasks like:
So, since I always supported PSR-4 in FIG discussions, and after the tl;dr discussion about it regarding autoloading in Drupal 8, I jumped on the occasion and converted the code base for PlusVite to PSR-4 to get an idea of how PSR-4 "felt" in practice.