- 2013-09-25: Presenting the history of the Drupal block system at DrupalCon Prague.
- 2013-09-20 to 29: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at the extended code sprints during and around DrupalCon Prague
- 2012-08-19: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at Drupalcon Munich
- 2012-06-15: Working on Drupal 8 EntityAPI at DrupalDevDays Barcelona
- 2012-03-23: Working on the future Drupal Document Oriented Storage at DrupalCon Denver. D8 or later ?
Bets are onLater
- 2009-11-29: mongodb_watchdog module created by dereine, ported to D7 by me in about half an hour, and migrated in a larger MongoDB project by damz before the hour ended. Wow...
During its 10th anniversary party, Opera is giving away free registrations for all current versions of the Opera browser.
You can get yours while the party lasts at: http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml and appreciate what I consider to be the best browser for all usual platforms at no cost.
There has been lots of buzz being done these last few days about a soon-to-be new economic model for Opera, by the way. Run Opera, Run !
Code Navigation button in Dreamweaver allows developers to jump directly from function to function. Yet it is only available from the Code Inspector panel, not the main editor. Here is how to restore it.
Some sites may wish to display to users what their roles are. Here is a small module allowing just this.
Permissions defined by modules in Drupal are usually given short names, in plain ASCII-96. Using anything else, like entities, requires caution...
Common knowledge says MSIE is still the top browser in terms of market share, Firefox a distant second, and all others mostly insignificant. Figures on this site say otherwise: is the Riff blog reader an unusual one ? Here are the data
PHPnet.org is a non-profit hosting association for PHP developers. Due to their hosting parameters, Mambo's "Search Engine Friendly URLs" won't work out of the box. Here is how to set up the
.htaccess for Mambo CMS/Joomla on these hosts.
Mambo CMS (Mamboserver, Joomla) is an important Open Source CMS these days, and it is built on a complex data model. So I tried to abstract the main entities and model them in the form of an abused UML class diagram. Have a look.
Rasgueado is the well-known technique of flamenco guitar players. Because it sounds strong and can be impressive, one cannot but be tempted to try it on the bass.
However, the sound will typically lack the precision required for a non-solo bass part, especially if included in a slapping or tapping part accompaniment. But there is a trick...
Sometimes musicians do create themselves from art. Here is my account of one of these brief privileged moments with a oboe-toting lady.